Also, I'm going to break rules 4 through 7, because I really don't have 11 people to tag...
1) You must post these rules.
2) Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
3) Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
4) You have to choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post.
5) Go to their page and tell them you linked him or her.
6) No tag backs.
7) No stuff in the tagging section about "you are tagged if you are reading this." You have to legitimately tag 11 people.
Here goes with the answers!
11 things about me:
- I love swimming in the ocean. But only when it's warm;
- Apparently I am eligible for long service leave this year, which I take to mean that I am getting old;
- I used to exclusively wear silver jewellery, but now I'm probably 50/50 with wearing gold;
- I do not feel that I have a 'home' - a roof over my head, yes, but no home;
- I want to change careers to something creative, but am concerned that a) I don't have any special skills, and therefore b) I will end up homeless!;
- I can't usually sit still long enough to watch a whole movie;
- I love shoes, but wear steel-capped boots or go barefoot most of the time;
- All of my boyfriends, since I was 17, have either been engineers or engineering students;
- I am the (less than) 1%... of construction engineers that are female;
- When I was in Year 10, my high school made me study Home Ec instead of Woodwork because they wouldn't let me be the only girl in the class - yeah, I'm still grumpy!;
- I love being both warm and horizontal. So, in bed, a bath, or a thermal pool.
11 questions from Kirsti:
1) What's your favourite everyone-I-know-must-watch-this movie? Singin' In The Rain. You can't watch it without smiling (and singing).
2) What's at the top of your "places I want to go" list? The Catlins.
3) Where would you want to live if money was taken out of the equation? New York.
4) What was the first CD you bought? (Don't be ashamed - mine was Aquarium by Aqua!) The Living End (thankfully, in the era of Hanson, I was not sucked in)
5) What's your drink of choice? Water. Or, if we are talking alcohol, a nice beer or white wine.
6) If you had a time machine, where and when would be your first stop? I would want to go to about 1961, and try out to be an astronaut. I guess I'd also need to be American, and a man!
7) Mac or PC? PC. Can you believe I have never owned an Apple product?
8) You can go to any restaurant in the world for dinner. Where do you go? Ooh, I don't know. It's probably more about location and cuisine for me, so I'd like to go to a Mexican beach resort that does good food :-)
9) What's the best concert you've been to? Tough call. The Living End at The Palace in St Kilda, about 2001. Paul Kelly at the Prince of Wales, St Kilda, 2003. And the Foo Fighters at Western Springs a few weeks back.
10) What's your favourite type of food? Dessert! Also, Mexican.
11) Dogs or cats? Dogs, definitely.