Last Friday we had to demolish a motorway bridge, so it went like this:
- Home at 12:30pm for a nap;
- Came back to work at 6:30pm, in full regalia (hard hat, boots, hi-vis, safety glasses, earplugs, gloves);
- Ran a pre-start meeting;
- Had McDonalds for dinner with my boss (cos, having dinner with my boss is a great way to start the weekend?!?)
- Remained at the site until about 2am, when I realised that sleep was required;
- Back to work from 7:30am Saturday until 5pm, manning the motorway cameras to see how traffic was flowing;
- Received text updates every hour all night, to reassure me that they would be off the road in time;
- Back to work again from 6:30am Sunday until 11:30am. I chose not to have brunch with the boys on site when we were done - much as I like them, I wanted brunch with Chris! Also, I needed to wash the concrete dust off my skin/hair/inside of my lungs.
|There were 6 diggers working on this through the night... only one noise complaint though!|
|Bridge down! Now to clean up the motorway beneath...|
Pictures courtesy of my boss. Except for the one below. Who would have thought that something which is essentially rubbish could look so artistic?
|That's a whole lotta steel right there!|
- I have a competent graduate covering for me at work, so I have got a few days off to make up for the work I did all through Christmas;
- Most importantly, I HAVE TURNED MY WORK PHONE OFF!
- I got up late;
- Went to visit my cousins, and had a few beers with my uncle and his fiancée;
- Ate an iceblock for dinner;
- Did my nails, in the most ridiculous manner possible;
- Watched Rain Man. And may watch more movies into the night!
|They look pretty tacky. But hey, I'm on holidays!|
I love that my life has lots of different things going on. And don't get me wrong, bridge demolition is pretty cool. But I'll take a day off over 'interesting construction things' any time!
Hope you all are having a good Friday too :-)