I've been completely neglectful of updating this, but thankfully I am still very slowly moving forward!
1. Set foot on land that is not an island
I have lived my life in Australia and New Zealand, and had previously never ventured further than Phuket. But now I've been to mainland USA, I can tick this off!
11. Eat a bagel in New York City
Done. And that was the first time I managed to have a coffee made from actual beans, too.
20. Take a boat trip
To the Statue of Liberty!
22. Drink coffee in Boston
Made easier by the Starbucks within our motel.
39. Ride on a rollercoaster and 40. Have a photo taken with a fictional character
Disney World FTW!
50. Visit a Smithsonian
Well, you've heard about this already.
51. See a space rocket
I had to be clear that I didn't mean military rockets, because I've already seen them. And you've also seen my adventures with NASA.
52. Drink a cocktail in New York
We went and had Mexican, and I had the most delicious layered cocktail. Layered frozen sangria and margarita. I MUST find this recipe!
66. Shop in Manhattan
This definitely happened. And I loved it.
67. Meet my mum's Rotary host family
I'm now an honorary Stratford-ite! Connecticut was a lovely place, and I'm forever grateful to Mom Callahan for her hospitality to both my mum and me. Also? Wine time.
80. Wear a pair of shoes until they literally fall apart
Yeah, three weeks of wearing Dunlop Volleys across the US will do that to a pair of $15 shoes...
89. Eat an American hot dog in America
I now know what a chilli dog is. Delicious but deadly!