Because crumble is so awesome, I've blogged about it before. This is approximately the topping recipe that I used tonight. And, um, I still have several of those tins of peaches.
So, you can find the crumble recipe at the link above. I made the fruit part as follows:
- 1 bag (400g) chopped, uncooked, unsweetened rhubarb
- 1 tin of peaches, drained, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons custard powder (or use cornflour, if that's what you've got)
Mix it all up in a big bowl until well combined. Put it into the baking dishes of your choice. Bake for about half an hour at 180°C.
The custard powder absorbs some of the excess liquid (and of course tastes yum). The ginger just adds a zing - you can do without it if you don't like it!
Serve warm with vanilla icecream, cream, or custard. Also tastes good cold.