The month of Frocktober is over. Final accounts aren't quite in, but several hundred dollars donated by my thoughtful friends is now helping research into ovarian cancer.
But it's not like all I did last month was wear dresses! I also, um, made a dress!
The pattern was one of Pattern Review's patterns of the year for 2009. I figured that was a pretty good recommendation of it. I ordered the paper pattern from them, and it cost about $10.
The fabric I used was $2/m from Geoff's Emporium. Man, I love that place. I don't think there is a fabric there for more than $8/m. It's not the place to go if you want something *specific*, and it's not that great for natural fibres... but when you're not that confident in your sewing ability, it's nice to sew a dress for $3 worth of materials!
In hindsight, it would have been cleverer to sew the whole thing with white thread, not green. For some reason I found it hard to be objective about which colour was more prevalent in the fabric. Seeing as I hardly own any patterned clothing (I don't know why), this is not a problem I normally face. Oh, and this was my first attempt with a twin needle - go me! *Slowly* is the key.
Anyway, I'm happy with the result. This is one of the few Simplicity patterns that I've liked the fit of afterwards. I will actually consider making this one again, or trying out one of the other variations in the pattern. That's high praise, considering my aversion to having more than one of a similar design (you only have to look at the Frocktober photos for that to be clear)!