I bought the latest BurdaStyle magazine (the latest one available in NZ, anyway), and I fell in love with this skirt.
The materials cost me:
- $4.50 for 1.5m of fabric, plus I used some I already had for lining;
- $1.50 for an invisible zip;
- $15.00 for BurdaStyle, divided by approximately 50 patterns inside = $0.30
Here is the finished skirt:
And here is what it looks like to me:
You can see my review of the pattern here.
I made the mistake of forgetting to add on the seam allowance when tracing this (it was late!), but that just makes mine half a size smaller (it still fits). I really really love this, and it's given me confidence to tackle some of the beautiful BurdaStyle things that look tricky (to me).