I guess I could have asked Chris to help. However, his style of portrait photography is to wave the camera in my general direction and press the shutter. Glamourous! As a side note, he usually takes standing photographs of me with the camera at his eye level. There's nothing quite so stumpifying as a 165cm woman being photographed from 187cm high. It makes me wonder if he actually perceives me as a hobbit... Anyway, I digress.
So here were my requirements:
- Photos, with make-up on and a flattering outfit;
- Some photos where you could actually see my belly;
- Ideally, nothing that would date too badly (with regard to poses, outfits, themes or post-processing);
- Some that I would be happy to share or put on Facebook; and
- Maybe some that would just be for me.
Quite basic. I wasn't fussed about locations, backdrops, fancy outfits, flowing swathes of chiffon, or anything else. It's not that I don't like those things, they just weren't mission critical. I didn't need Chris to be in the photos. In hindsight, the only photo of us together when I was pregnant is this one below! We're never in photos together. Whoops.
|It's surprising how long you can make one glass of bubbly last when you're 8 weeks pregnant and keeping it on the down low!|
The rest of this tutorial is a long post - if you just want to see maternity photos, they're at the bottom after the jump!